-

-

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Busy As A Bee...

Things have been pretty busy around here!  On the rebound from the holidays I find that I am trying to catch up to catching up. (Sigh) But in the between times, I've managed to work on some new illustrations.

One is part of my Native American series that has shifted to focusing on Alaskan Native Americans and wild life that live there.  In addition to the polar bear I illustrated with Athabaskan tribe tattoo markings, I am adding a humpback whale with Inuit designs from traditional basketry, clothing, and facial tattoos.



The other illustration is inspired by Valentine's Day, which I know isn't for a few more weeks, but I can't help but be inspired by the "warm-fuzzy" vibe and all of those cute Fair-Isle scarves I see all the guys and gals rocking in this snowy-cold weather.  In this illustration, I just love the vibrant colors of the birds against the deep red scarf with sweet little hints of purple and blue stitch designs.



Both prints are available in my shop at www.etsy.com/shop/WildHeartHistories

Much more to come in the followings weeks, so please come back soon!
In the meantime, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment