-

-

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Make Way For Art...

After spending seven years in an apartment in Washington, D.C. with my husband, I developed a keen awareness of space, or lack of space, to create my artwork.

If my desk was full of papers from work, I would travel to the dining room table.  If my husband was working there, I would try his desk. If his desk was piled high with his books, then I would work at the coffee table.

In any of these scenarios, space to place my artwork to try was a constant issue.  Where do you place twenty-five to fifty cards that are drying anyway?

In comes BOON!  Yes, I said BOON.

A funny name for a funny tool I know.  

Here is what it looks like: 

But do you see what it's doing here?  Amazing isn't it?  Oh the simple things in life and what pleasure they can bring!!!  I found this little guy online, but I've seen them in places like the Container Store and even Crate and Barrel.  They're meant for drying baby bottles and all the little odds and ends that go with it.  The prongs (those bright green things) are fairly stiff with a little give for standing bottles straight up in.  As you can see from my photos, I have other ideas in mind.


I have the medium sized Boon Lawn Drying Rack, but they come in smaller and larger sizes. The great thing about these things is that they take up little space when you are not using it.  When you are in the mood to make, they can hold all sorts of odd objects.  I've used this to hold up to seventy-five printed cards I needed to dry.  

In these photos, it is holding up some wooden ovals I put gesso onto.


When you're done with it, simply store it away.  You can lay it flat or stand it sideways like a book.
If it is dirty, you can take the "grass" out and place it along with the white tray into the dishwasher.



It's a no-mess, easy way to dry any artwork you are working on.  

Here is the link if you are interested:

I promise, I'm not getting paid for this rant.  
If you do decide to try it out, let me know how you like it.  I'd love to hear your ideas for how you might use it for your creations.


No comments:

Post a Comment