-

-

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Easy Christmas Decor

So... about those candy forms I created waaaaayyyy back in October?  

Yes these ones.



Well truth be told, I didn't get around to making them into candy decorations for Halloween.  

BUT! I did make them into festive holiday candies (minus the calories) for Christmas.  

I have this adorable Rudolph planter from the 50's that I picked up last year at the Dulles Expo Center  Antique Fair.   I didn't have a poinsettia plant to put into it and had the thought of putting some candy inside.  The only dilemma is that I am trying sooooo hard to be good and cut back on the sweets.  

This is when I realized I had those candy forms from October still waiting to be turned into something cool.

I pulled out my gesso, acrylic paint, super fine glitter, glitter-glue, and metallic ink and got to work.

Here they are and I'm smitten.  They are a perfect "filler" for Rudolph's sleigh and I don't have to worry about the temptation of the added holiday treats sitting around.










No comments:

Post a Comment